Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ROSCOE'S

I call myself an L.A. girl and yet until today, I had never gone to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles on Pico & La Brea. In Vanessa's words: unacceptable. So the co-worker trio Ali, Vanessa, and I (along with new awesome roommate-of-coworker, Lindsay) hit up the spot for a Tuesday night get-together for food and chats.
As weary as I was in trying the famed chicken-n-waffle combination, I knew I had to take a stab and see what it was all about. I had imagined that the chicken would be super greasy and fatty, but to my surprise, it was crispy (just enough), tender, and quite succulent! I don't know if it was because I was really hungry and I had never eaten such a seemingly strange combination of sweet and savory, but it was BOMB! Sorry about the lack of quality of images, this was taken on my slow Motorola Q.
I ate this whole plate like a champion. Mmm mmm mmm. I was really scared I would get a heart attack or something, but surprisingly, it all went down good - almost too good.
That's butter and a container of syrup for ya. A good meal with some good friends (I love you all!!!) for good talks - is my kind of fun.
We were sippin' on some sizzurp with that chikn-n-a-waffle.
Chick out the other locations at RoscoesChickenAndWaffles.com - tell me why they didn't shorten any part of their URL.

No comments: