Monday, May 19, 2008

RUNNIN TO RONIN

I've discovered my new food interest: Ronin Izakaya. Izakaya is like a Japanese drinking place where you can eat small plates and just socialize with the people you go with. But Ronin, located right by the Beverly Center (and literally next door to a strip club - awkward) takes the classic Japanese izakaya and turns it a little bit more upscale and modern, with Asian fusion cuisine and tapas style dishes. Chef Higa is very creative (he's traveled around the world and worked in Japan and in America to perfect his skills) and incorporates his experiences in different parts of the world into his dishes, and everything is made from the heart. Seriously, it shows, and let me tell you, the food is amazing - but the dessert - OH MAH GOSH - is to die for.
So I hit up the spot on Friday night dinner with the family, and then I went back Saturday night with Ali after work. I don't think I can get sick of it, and it's kind of dangerous because I might wander off to Ronin every day after work. It's free parking (although kind of shady as we walk past hookers taking a cig break), quality food and friendly service, reasonable prices for smaller portions to share, and the ambiance is on point - cozy and small and great for good talks - just the way I like it.
Ronin Fried Rice - bomb Ali who's glowin' after a day in the sun and long day at work
Ahi Poke! Delicioussssssss
Chocolate and original creme brulee with mixed fruit - ahhhhhhh
Complimentary chocolate bar dessert!!! It's shots of vanilla ice cream/milkshake type things with warm chocolate cake (like lava cake but it's not) - SO BOMB SO BOMB.
Food is the only thing that helps sometimes - it never fails. Even when you have a bad day, long day, annoying day, bad friends, useless boys, stupid bitches...food can bring you happiness.
Ronin Izakaya did that for me, and I'm glad I found it. Just 2 minutes away from work - literally - I'm there on the regular!!! Definitely try to stop by if you're in the area!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can we have talk sesh there next?! it looks delish! esp those desserts..yum.