Sunday, March 30, 2008

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS.

No, this is not a post about Jay-Z, or his song.
It's not new that I look through many many many articles a day. Not just articles of blogs or websites, but articles of clothing as well - both men and women.
This could possibly be a form of addiction that has taken hold of me and physicall and mentally attached me onto the computer screen viewing at least 4 tabs on Firefox at least for a couple hours a day.
But recently, I had a realization that needs to be addressed for the sake of my sanity. There's always this huge "trend" in t-shirt designs, and as of now, it's really getting tiring (and mostly annoying) to see the same kinds of designs over and over again on different lines that claim to be unique and original.
What I've come to notice the most about artwork on tees is that they incorporate: Kate Moss or Marilyn Monroe, naked girls, Kate Moss naked, guns, neon zebra prints, "fuck you", logos constructed to look like the Run-DMC logo, or sunglasses - particularly Wayfarers and shutter shades.
You know, I'm cool with the naked girls and the boobies everywhere, I understand it's a guy thing and guys get utterly excited and stimulated to see pictorial representations of female body parts, but this new "trend" I see with lesbian lover action - is NOT so cool.
This is taking the graphic in graphic design to an extreme here.
Don't be mistaken, I am not homophobic nor anti-LGBT/queer (Embrace, don't hate), I just can't help but think that guys who wear these types of shirts must really be into having others stare at what they wear, or they are just dirty bastards wanting to visually see what they imagine in what they rock on their bodies.
Allow me to present you with prime examples, most of them JUST dropped in stores for Spring 2008 line, of girl on girl action:
Foreign Family:Foreign Family:IM KING:Twelve Bar:There's much more, I know, but I'm just getting too freakin' tired to look.
But really, why???
I mean it's all good, people enjoy these things, and I'm glad a graphic on a tee can create more joy in their lives, but really. This is one "trend" that I hope won't last long. Let's clear the mind, and enjoy some better thoughts, and call it a night.
I think I'm going to have to post something, just something so I don't leave off on this note.
-Pics from ATTIC & Digital Gravel. (aka: those of you that dig, cop the shirts there)

No comments: