Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SEARS x LL COOL J ?????

Sears has teamed up with the hip-hop veteran to launch a brand calledLL Cool J for Sears. The collection of casualwear for juniors, young men's, girls' and boys' will roll out to 450 of Sears' 900 stores in September and could generate as much as $100 million to $150 million in its first year, sources said.


LL on women's apparel: "I was raised by a matriarch, I have a wife and three daughters, so I know what women are looking for when they shop for clothes," he said. "My main concern with juniors is to make sure the fit is right. The fabrics have to feel nice on a woman's body, but sizing and fit are very important. I know that if she comes in, puts it on and it doesn't fit, she won't come back. Clothes have to make a woman feel good, relaxed and sexy. We are going to be constantly looking at fine-tuning the fit and we'll get it right."

REALLY!? Funny he still raps about taking clothes off rather than putting them on. I think he should just stick with jams like "Around The Way Girl"...and call it a day.
-Source: WWD

No comments: