Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BOTKIER FOR TARGET

Target has been teaming up with various high end designers to produce an exclusive collection of accessories so far (aside from the GO International line). We've had Gryson and Loeffler Randall and many more in the past but for this upcoming season, we've got Botkier for Target handbags. The line is scheduled to drop July 21st at select Target stores and online, but honestly, I am utterly disappointed. Just take a look at some of the pictures (I could not get myself to post all of the styles because some are just hideous):Yes, the metallic pleather may be cute, but coming into the hot summer season, this may be an outdated trend that won't work too well with the sun beaming and attacking your handbag. I would go for a straight nighttime look with that one. And the rest of the styles? Cheap-looking, boring, and lacks direction...but I may have to see it in person before commentating further.
Anyway, I give props to Target for sealing the deals with reputable designers (coming up soon: Sigerson Morrison for Target and Anya Hindmarch for Target)...but for the designer to collaborate with an accessible store like Target, I feel they should attack the project with full power and dish out innovative designs that represent their brand for the everyday consumer. I can see Botkier's designs in some of these bags (emphasis on some)....but this collection could be upped a notch with a little extra effort in my opinion. I may have to pass out on this one, let me know what some of you all think about it. I guess we may have to be patient until July 21st to get the true verdict. Stay tuned...

No comments: