Thursday, June 19, 2008

TO-OR-ISM

JC Report taught me something new today...about Streetwear Safari. I am fascinated with all things global - and literally traveling the world is something I dream of doing. If you're anything like me, you might feel this Streetwear Safari thing that I'm thinking is gonna be pretty hawt. Kenyan-born Brian Gathii bases his brand, To-orist, in London and the line is certainly like going on a colorful African safari.

Designer Brian Gathii:
To-orist gets inspiration from the otherwise annoying tourists that swarm every city of the earth - and thus, Gathii offers a line that brings together worldwide exploration, art, science, wild animal prints and Tutenkahmens to create a colorful fusion of trans-seasonal pieces.



Love it love it love it, but the only stockist in USA is in New York??? Check out the website for its bizarre 16th century feel, which is only the beginning of Gathii's travels. I personally love the colors and the mad-cute graphics, and I'm sure the animal prints hit the spot for some of you out there. Summer time called and said it's safari time!