Thursday, June 5, 2008

CARRIED AWAY.

I finally watched Sex and the City today!As much as I was getting sick of the hype and the intentional puns that I've even used as the title of my post, I LOVED IT! I genuinely enjoyed the movie - it was definitely all it was hyped up to be and a lot more. Besides the fact that it was over 2 hours long and I had to pee for about 75% of the movie, I enjoyed every scene and there was not one point in time where I felt it was getting boring or stale. Maybe it was because I hadn't watched a movie in the theaters since...like...Knocked Up (that was like sooo 2007 right?), but watching a matinee show (discounts, baby!) @ Century City AMC with my best friend like old times when we actually had nothing to do...was SO GOOD! I laughed, cried, felt jealous but at the same time compassionate for these characters on-screen flaunting their designer labels, romantic lovers, and an indestructible fourfold friendship. I was never really a big fan of SATC, but slowly and surely - I am now a true SATC lover. It may be cliche and overrated but - a girl can dream that one day they will become a SATC girl just like Carrie.

It's amazing how television-turned-movie characters have the abilities to help inspire viewers in many ways. Now, I want to participate even more in capitalist America and consume my earnings on things I really "need" and "deserve" - probably not to the extent of Samantha shopping on Rodeo - but yanno. But this in effect allows me to visualize my goals and the paths I need to get there in order to live such luxurious lives. Besides that, all I need is for Mr. Perfect to come along and scoop me up for the next part of my ride - or rather, I'll be scooping him up? Who knows...
Anyway, the real issue is...that YOU need to go watch this movie! Preferably with your homegirls of course...Labels & Love!

No comments: