Wednesday, March 26, 2008

SPEIDI TALES

Ok, so I admit that I HATE Spencer & Heidi and all the drama surrounding them, and I'm even beginning to dislike the so-called protagonist, LC, because she somehow always ends up as a victim, being betrayed by her friends, her male interests, and other irrelevant people in the show, and even brainless Audrina, whose recentnude pictures she shot at just NINETEEN years old, are not bringing her any justice to her image as a "role model" for tweens everywhere.
But I still can't get enough of this damn show. I just ask myself "Why?..WHY?"
After watching the season 'premiere' of The Hills, which mostly takes place in Paris where LC doesn't know how to take care of an expensive gown & Colorado where Heidi's super-injected lips took some time off from Spencer, there were news articles and entertainment highlights more than ever.
Anyway, that's not the point here. The point is, since when did the world start calling Heidi and Spencer, the most hated but always talked-about couple that's really not famous for anything, SPEIDI?!
I watched an episode of E! news yesterday night, and the headline was all over this clever term...even entertainment news blogs have adopted the term.
This baffles me. We're essentially comparing a useless couple who's retarded enough to think about marrying to cover up their retarded problems that underly their relationship, to A-list celebrities like Brangelina, TomKat, and whatever shortened lingo we use for two people that actually have credibility in Hollywood.
I guess it just rolls off the tongue well. I don't deny that I probably would use the term in the future, if I do keep watching the show, but come on people!
We have better things to do than thing of a shorter name for Spencer & Heidi.
We might as well call them the retards.
Hey re-tards, you ain't hood!

No comments: